Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama

I initially hesitated to buy Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama as a gift for a young boy, but after reading it I realized the message applies to boys, girls, and adults. Obama explores historical figures who have contributed to America in their own ways and ties that to qualities he sees in his daughters, qualities I hope we all see in the children around us. I like Of Thee I Sing so much I want a copy for my own shelves, just so I can read it when I need to feel hopeful and inspired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz