Do It Gorgeously by Sophie Uliano

Front Cover

Do It Gorgeously by Sophie Uliano is a well written and interesting guide to taking on projects instead of buying more or hiring someone else to do them. She focuses on re-purposing as well as making a variety of self-care products one's self. I'm intrigued by the self-care products and may give a few a try; however, I'm not so sure that some of them are even necessary once one moves away from using all the chemical products. As for some of the other projects, I'm not likely to do them simply because they aren't my thing. While she makes things like sewing sound incredibly simple, I know from past experience, sewing is not something I'm good at. The book is worth the read if for no other reason than to inspire the reader to think about things lying around the house in a different way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz