The Wasteland by T. S. Eliot

I decided I needed to read The Wasteland by T. S. Eliot because well... it's by T. S. Eliot and it's an important poem... Not the best reason for reading a poem, but at least it brought me to it. That said, it felt oddly familiar and completely unfamiliar all at once. I read the words and felt taken away from reality and immersed in reality all at once. Eliot hit on universal truths that will mean different things to different people at different times in their lives. I read it slowly - intentionally slowly - over several night, so I could think about the words and the message. The Wasteland sparked thoughts about the current state of the world in which we live forcing me to wonder just how much things really change yet there were moments when I struggled to connect to Eliot's words.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.