Change We Can Believe In: Barack Obama's Plan to Renew America's Promise

Change We Can Believe In: Barack Obama's Plan to Renew America's Promise set on my shelves in my reading stacks for approximately a decade before I finally read it. It's interesting to read it now that Barack Obama has served two terms as President of the United States. The successes, failures, and compromises of his presidency are all highlighted by reading this plan filled with hope, unifying ideas, and calls for working together. Reading it also reminded me of my own cynicism and how important it is to have hope. As I read I thought about how often we, as voters and citizens, get caught up what we hear on television or in speeches and don't bother to pay attention to the actual proposals being put forth. Change We Can Believe In holds a hope within it that we can rise above petty differences to achieve the aspirations we claim to have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz