The Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace by Dr. Patrizia Collard

The Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace by Dr. Patrizia Collard took me a long time to finish even though I bought it to be a "quick and easy" book to finish. I knew I wanted to do the activities in the book instead of just reading it. If I'd just read it, I probably would've finished it in a hour. Collard offers detailed but inviting instructions on the myriad mindfulness exercises she recommends throughout The Little Book of Mindfulness. The exercises are quite easy to do and several are a bit eye-opening. When I got to the ones that involved movement, I procrastinated them, one in particular I procrastinated for several weeks. I discovered that for meditation I prefer stillness, but The Little Book of Mindfulness also reminded me of the importance of being mindful in all my activities.  The Little Book of Mindfulness is a mindfully written book filled with inspiration, encouragement, and joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.