Seven Hands Seven Hearts: Prose and Poetry by Elizabeth Woody

Seven Hands Seven Hearts: Prose and Poetry by Elizabeth Woody surprised me by pulling me in to the poems and the prose time and again. At times I felt like a voyeur gazing into a place I didn't belong but felt drawn to. Woody uses her history, her ancestral heritage, and modernity to paint a picture of a society within a society that pulled at my heart in ways I didn't expect. Seven Hands Seven Hearts pushed me to rethink my place in the world and way the world around me works. Looking into the past to understand the present and even project into a possible future, Seven Hands Seven Hearts unapologetically explores the differences and the similarities of the peoples who inhabit the world in which we all exist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.