The Collected Poems of W. B. Yeats

The Collected Poems of W. B. Yeats is a collection that at times lifted my spirits, at times frustrated me, and at times saddened me. Yeats is sometimes clear and straightforward in his writing and other times oblique. I read a few poems each night and sometimes found myself rereading one or the other either because I loved the wording or because the wording felt awkward to me. The poems sometimes reminded me that writing done in a time and place is tied to that time and place and might not always hold up over time. Many of Yeats poems still hold meaning and are even transcendent of time and place but not all. And that's okay. The Collected Poems of W. B. Yeats tells a story of the connections and detachments we experience in life through language that manages to be both lyrical and grounded.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.