Cookbooks I Read in 2021

 Vegan Cheese: Become a 5-Star Cheese Maker by Earnest Cinnamon is filled with interesting vegan cheese recipes. I bought this book as part of my research into making vegan cheese. Sadly, with all the research I've done, I haven't actually made very many of the recipes, so I can't say how well the recipes work. The book was inspiring and interesting though. I hope to eventually make some of the recipes.

The How Not to Diet Cookbook: 100+ Recipes for Healthy, Permanent Weight Loss by Michael Greger is filled with interesting recipes. While I can't claim to have made many of them, I have used several for inspiration for my own recipes. I hope to make more the recipes as time goes on. I would highly recommend this cookbook to anyone trying to find interesting ways to eat a plant-based or vegan diet.

Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition by Colin T. Campbell (also in nonfiction) breaks down how the nutrition industry has broken down nutrition to its barest elements at the sacrifice of the health of the people. Campbell once again explores the industrial influence on health and medicine in a book that explores why breaking nutrients out of food robs people of the full effects of eating a whole food. While published in 2013/2014, Whole isn't as outdated as it feels at times. Campbell provides a foundation that explains how we've come to where we are. His explanations of the way the nutrition manipulates science for their own purposes is a reminder to always check the funding of the research when considering the results. Whole allows one to understand why eating whole food is better than taking vitamins and supplements in order to reach one's optimum health.

If you'd like to follow what I'm reading in real time, please follow/friend me on Goodreads.

If you'd like to see when I publish new books, please follow me on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.