Writing Related Books I Read in 2021

How to Produce an Audiobook on a Budget by Renee Conoulty - I bought this book as part of my research into producing my books as audiobooks. The book was short and interesting. It is simple to understand, and I look forward to putting the tips to use when I start recording my books.

Storyteller: How to be an Audio Book Narrator - Companion Script - Lorelei King & Ali Muirden - Another book I bought as research into recording my books as audiobooks. This book covered the act of telling the story in a way the microphone picks it up for the audience. While the book contained some interesting content, the format didn't work particularly well for me. I didn't feel like I learned much from it. Though I suppose I'll see when I start recording my books.

So You Want to Start a Podcast: Finding Your Voice, Tellling Your Story, and Building a Community That Will Listen by Kristen Meinzer - I bought this book as part of my research into whether or not I want to start a podcast. While the book didn't help me make a decision, it did give me a lot to ponder. Parts of the book made me feel excited about the idea of starting a podcast. Other parts made me wonder if it would be the best use of my time. Meinzer is realistic in her writing about the pros and cons of starting a podcast and about the likelihood of success. She also warns that it's important to understand the amount of time and energy it takes to do a podcast right and pushes the reader to really think realistically about their schedule as well as their motivation for starting a podcast.


Your Author Business Plan: Take Your Author Career To the Next Level by Joanna Penn encouraged me to finally put my business plan into writing. I'd long told myself I had one because I knew what I wanted to do, but the truth was I was intimidated by the idea. I was making it far more difficult than it needed to be. Penn simplified it and took the fear out of it by making it about small tasks and motivation. She inspires the reader to set realistic goals rather than lofty ones and to plan for incremental success with a built in plan for revisiting the business plan and reworking in periodically for best results.


Your Author Business Plan Companion Workbook: Take Your Author Career To The Next Level by Joanna Penn provides a place to explore the activities in Your Author Business by answering questions and narrowing down ones desires, goals, and motivations. It is truly helpful in developing a business plan that can be revisited and reworked periodically.


If you'd like to follow what I'm reading in real time, please follow/friend me on Goodreads.

If you'd like to see when I publish new books, please follow me on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.