Food Related Books I Read in 2020

Here are the Food Related Books I Read in 2020


How Not to Diet: The Groundbreaking Science of Healthy, Permanent Weight Loss by Michael Gregor, M.D., FACLM - I'm not a fan of diet books, but I am a fan of Dr. Gregor's work because he focuses on scientific research. I read this book for this reason and found it quite interesting. Though I'm not interested in losing weight, I am interested in eating healthy. How Not to Diet is about eating healthy. For a more in-depth exploration of my thoughts on this book, please visit Eating for Health Not Weight Loss.


One Hour Dairy Free Cheese: Make Mozzarella, Cheddar, Feta, and Brie-Style Cheeses --Using Nuts, Seeds, and Vegetables* by Claudia Lucero -  This book was easy to read and seems like it could be useful. I made a smattering of recipes from it but not enough to really find recipes to fit into our rotation of recipes.


Artisan Vegan Cheese* by Miyoko Schinner - This recipes in this book were a bit more complicated than the other two vegan cheese recipes I bought. I tried a couple of the recipes, but then kind of put it to the side. I might return to it eventually.


Vegan Cheese: Simple, Delicious, Plant-based Recipes* by Jules Aron - Several of these recipes sound intriguing. They are tempting to make, but I only made a few of them. Once again none of the recipes were tasty enough to make it into our rotation of recipes.


*I bought these three books are part of a research project into making vegan cheeses for our personal use even though we rarely make recipes that require vegan cheese and we tend not to like it when we do. I'm not sure if I will continue to experiment with these recipes, but if I do, the results will be shared on my blog, Vegan Cooking with TLC.


If you'd like to follow what I'm reading in real time, please follow/friend me on Goodreads.

If you'd like to see when I publish new books, please follow me on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.