Hiatus

Reviews with TLC is going on hiatus for the foreseeable future.

If you want to see what I'm reading, please feel free to friend me on Goodreads. I will continue to post and rate books there.

For those of you who might be wondering why, let me start with a short discussion about why I started reviewing books first on my website many years ago. I wanted to promote reading. I wanted to support authors I liked. I wanted to create conversations around books.

Over the years, I've reviewed many books mainly books I liked but some that were just okay and some I outright hated. I reviewed books to speak to readers and to encourage people to read.

Over the years, reviewing has been a source of immense joy as well as immense frustration at times.

Right now, I need a break from reviewing. It has begun to feel like a chore instead of a joy.

In addition, I feel like I need to spend more focused time on my work, both writing and promoting my books.

I will leave this blog active while I'm on hiatus for anyone who wishes to read my reviews looking for something to read.

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.