Depoe Bay, Oregon - Tidal Raves

Some of you may remember that I've reviewed Tidal Raves , located at 279 NW Highway 101, before, but sometimes a restaurant earns a second review...
Last Friday after a long walk on the beach - a walk that felt more like a hike, on the Oregon coast, we decided to eat dinner at Tidal Raves, one of our favorite restaurants, before driving home. We called and got put on the walk-in list as we neared the end of our walk, but we missed the estimated time by about ten or fifteen minutes. The hostess was very nice and put us back in the queue but not at the very end. The place was crowded as usual. The views of the cliffs and the ocean were as spectacular as always.  The food was delicious and beautifully served. My Vegetable Stir Fry was so filling I couldn't finish it, so my husband did. My husband really enjoyed his Green Curry Halibut. My Spicy Margarita was a nice change of pace of a regular margarita but I don't know if I would order it again. My husband ordered a Rouge Dead Guy's Ale and said it was good. The Chocolate Caramel-Nut Truffle we shared for dessert was divine. The menu describes it as "sinfully decadent" - believe it. Sevice on the other hand was lacking. Our waiter didn't smile as he approached our table. He took our order in quick businesslike fashion without ever giving off the slightest of a friendly vibe. We watched other tables receive baskets of bread as we sipped our drinks and waited on our entrees. Our waiter never showed with ours. We finally asked for one when he brought our entrees. He returned to the table while we ate our entrees and inquired how my husband's meal was but didn't ask about mine. He never smiled and his attitude left us feeling like he didn't want to serve us. This is the first time I've had bad service in Tidal Raves. I hope it was simply a bad night for our waiter and not an indication service is on the decline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier