Opposites Attract: A Haiku Tete-A-Tete by Mary Braun and Adam Kupka



Opposites Attract: A Haiku Tete-A-Tete by Mary Braun and Adam Kupka is a delightful read. The back and forth of the haiku on each topic makes the reader think, laugh, or nod but always smile just a little or a lot. I played with reading the topic in the middle of the page before the haiku and after the haiku just for the fun of it. I wanted to see if I could guess the topic without knowing. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. The occasional haiku will give the reader pause and demand a re-read for clarity or just for enjoyment. Overall, Opposites Attract is a fun, quick, inspiring read. I actually felt inspired to write a haiku - three actually - as I read this book, and while I'm a poet, I generally steer clear of writing haiku. Even for those who aren't normally poetry readers, this book is an excellent introduction into the idea that poetry can be fun to read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier