Miami, Florida - Tony Chan's Water Club - 2011 Trip

Someone at the reception desk at the Miami Hilton Downtown recommended Tony Chan's Water Club, 1717 N Bayshore Drive inside the DoubleTree Grand Hotel, for dinner. On the plus side, it was a short walk. Supposedly, it also had a view of the bay - maybe in daylight... And the overall decor just didn't feel inviting. I took a look at the menu and quickly realized my options were limited as a vegetarian. They also had a sushi menu. I ordered a glass of sparkling wine, but somehow in my exhchange with the waiter my sparkling wine turned into a white zinfidel. By the time I realized it, it felt like too much trouble to attempt to make a correction. We ordered miso soup. When I realized it was made with chicken broth, my husband signaled the waiter. He promptly and without pause exchanged it for a cup of miso made with water instead. I ordered the vegetarian maki, which tasted fine but not outstanding. My husband said the same about his Dynamite Roll and Sake Maki. Overall, Tony Chan's Water Club fell short of our expectations on service, food, and ambiance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier