Portobello Vegan Trattoria

Portobello Vegan Trattoria, located at 1125 SE Division Street, Portland, Oregon, opens for dinner at 5:30pm. We arived at 5:50 to find it packed. That looked promising, so we took a place at the bar rather than wait an hour and fifteen minutes for a table to become available. The bartender/waitress was great. She served us, chatted amicably, and seemed to sense when it wasn't the time to interrupt our conversation while keeping us up to date on the progress of our meal. My husband ordered a beer called Hair of the Dog Adam and I ordered a glass of Prosecco sparkling wine. I tasted my husband's beer, and for beer it wasn't bad (I'm not a fan of beer.). He really enjoyed it. My sparkling wine was delicious, and the serving was generous. We ordered a White Truffle, Mushroom & Nut Pate served with bread and accroutrements as an appetizer. While not our favorite item of the evening, we ate it all. My husband ordered the Mushroom Ravioli and I had the Pan Roasted Portobello Steak. I asked them to substitute asparagus for the kale because I don't like kale and gladly paid the dollar extra for the substitution. I tasted my husband's ravioli, and may have to order it next time we eat there. My portobello steak was delicious served on top of the asparagus and both were on top of olive oil whipped potatoes. For dessert we ordered the Chocolate Rosemary Torte. The texture was perfect and the taste superb. I had a hard time believing it was vegan.  The people eating next to us ordered a pizza that smelled scrumptious... Maybe that's what we'll order next time... Full disclosure: I'm vegetarian not vegan and my husband is a meat eater, but we came away from Portobello Vegan Trattoria satisfied, full, and discussing our next visit! The food, service, and atmosphere make Portobello Vegan Trattoria (FB page) a must try restaurant and one that makes our short list for restaurants to visit again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz