Corvallis, Oregon - Big River

Big River, located at 101 NW Jackson Street, provides an atmosphere that is at once casual and elegant lending itself to a nice dinner out or a quick bite just as easily. I've eaten there several times and the food has never disappointed. For my latest dining experience at Big River, I ate the cavatelli along with a salad while my husband ate the River Salad. My salad was, well, a salad. It was fresh enough, but nothing particulary exciting. The cavatelli was so delicious, I ate every last morsel! The corn included in the dish gave it a nice surprise and really completed the dish, and this from someone who doesn't particularly like corn. My husband enjoyed his salad as well. For dessert, I ordered the Chocolate Tier and a cappuccino and my husband ordered the Tiramisu. The Chocolate Tier was fabulous and the cappuccino a nice accompaniment to its sweetness. My husband liked the Tiramisu. Both desserts were so big, we got boxes and brought them home to have after dinner the next night! Our server was excellent! He was very accommodating about moving us inside when the temperature dropped even though we'd requested to eat on the patio. It was a delightful dining experience as is typical of Big River! One thing to keep in mind, Big River is a restaurant to go to for special occasions as it can be rather spendy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.

Creative Knowing: 50 Self-Reflection Questions for Women by Christina Katz

A Snitch in Time by Sunny Frazier